March 26, 2011
Here, we the children of Almighty God, sit among the ruins of the Roman city Beth She’an. The ancient rocks remain, but the people, the glory, and the wickedness have all departed. Nothing of their entertainment has endured: no laughter or cheering can be heard, no men and women streaming through the arches of the theater, pushing each other for better seats. There are no teenagers snacking on mangoes or figs and no sleepy children laying their heads on their mothers’ laps. The bathhouses are empty, the gymnasium lies quiet, and year after year, the sun bakes the solitary rocks.
Jesus’ legacy remains, and our being here testifies that Jesus is King of all the earth. All nations will fall before Him; they are all but as a drop in a bucket. The things of earth will pass away, but He is everlasting.
We must spend our lives for Jesus.
I am here today, sitting on these ancient rocks--these monuments to human greatness--because others put their hand to the plough and did not look back. My life today is the direct result of those who said, “Entertainment is not god. Life is not about me.” We come to Beth She’an and look at the greatness of mankind—but Yeshua is the everlasting Rock, and we are His living epistles. He did not build cities; He built people. What are we building?
Hey Suzanne!
ReplyDeleteDidn't know you had a blog, but it's too long of a story to tell you how I found it, so I'll just say I found it through friends.
Sounds like your enjoying Israel! How long are you there for?
Elizabeth! It's good to hear from you. =) I was in Israel for 10 days in March. It was definitely amazing! Hope you're doing well!
ReplyDelete