One day I will stand before Jesus. Alone. It will not be
with my family. It will not be with my friends. It will not be with my church.
It will be me.
Alone.
I am responsible for what I do. I must give an account.
Every minute spent on self-pity.
Every bout of complaining.
Every unrighteous act I indulged in.
Every fear I allowed to consume me.
It does not matter if others around me chose to be angry or complain or lie or gossip.
It does not matter what others around me chose to do with their time.
I am responsible. Me.
I won't give an account to my friends.
I won't give an account to my church.
I will give an account to God Almighty.
And oh how gracious He is! What great lengths He has gone to in order to provide forgiveness. But I will still appear before Him. Oh that we would choose to redeem today. Now. This moment.
“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ,
that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has
done, whether good or bad.” -2 Cor. 5:10
“The days of our lives are seventy years; and if by reason
of strength they are eighty years, yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;
for it is soon cut off, and we fly away… So teach us to number our days, that
we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
These are facts. They are as real as the nose on my face. :) They are as sure as the sun rising
tomorrow. Am I ready?

Good thoughts, Suzanne!
ReplyDeleteAmen, girl, amen! So much will be wood, hay and stubble...but praying God will teach us to number our days!
ReplyDelete